From The Dirt e-newsletter, November 2014
Ready to throw a Salsa Party? What’s that? You can’t dance? Well, take the lead from a group of students at Hellgate High School in Missoula who threw the kind of salsa party everyone can get down with: the kind that features fresh salsa made from local ingredients! Want to learn about the Hellgate Rooftop Salsa Party? Read more.
Recipe created by the Hellgate High School Culinary 2 Classes under the guidance of Cathy Semmelroth
INGREDIENTS // YIELD – About 5 lbs of salsa – remember it’s for a salsa party:
- 14 cups diced tomatoes
- 3 cups diced onion
- 4 cups diced sweet peppers, variety of colors
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 1 T Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup lime juice, adjust to taste
- Mix all ingredients together, cover, and refrigerate.
- Serve with (local?) tortilla chips or however you wish.