Recipe by Kate Cooper, Pitchforks & Pomegranates – a Montana Food and Farming Blog
Reprinted by permission
INGREDIENTS // Serves 5-6:
- 1 Top Sirloin Steak
- 1 Bunch of Spinach
- 1 Bunch of Pea Shoots
- 3 Garlic Scapes (the shoots that grow out of the ground from hard-neck garlic varieties)
- Corn Bread cut into cubes, for topping
- Shaved Cheese, for topping (Kate recommends a blend of Parmesan, Asiago, and Romano)
- ¼ cup Grape Seed Oil
- 1 tablespoon BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Ranch Dressing
- Whisk together all ingredients of salad dressing until well combined.
- Preheat grill. Generously salt and pepper steak. Grill steak to liking. After grilling, cover with tin foil and let rest while preparing the salad.
- In a large bowl tear spinach and pea shoots. Dice garlic scape (do not use bulb) and add to bowl.
- Add dressing and toss to coat all greens. Remove foil and thinly slice the steak. Plate salad and top with steak, corn bread cubes and sprinkle with cheese.