Recipe by Gregory Price, Manager of the Garden City Harvest’s River Road Neighborhood Farm
- 2 pound of beets, cut into cubes – the smaller you cut them the faster they will cook
- Medium sized red onion, finely diced – use half to whole onion depending on taste
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- Baguette, sliced and toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss chopped beets in olive oil and spread on a large baking dish or sheet.
- Roast beets in an oven preheated to 400 degrees. The beets will be finished roasting when they are soft, smell sweet, and can be easily mashed.
- When you think the beets are about half way or so done, remove from oven and add the onion and garlic as well as a teaspoon of salt and a pinch of black pepper. Mix the ingredients and finish roasting.
- After roasting, remove from oven and let cool slightly, then transfer to a bowl and mix in the balsamic vinegar and crumbled feta.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on sliced and toasted baguette.