From FoodCorps Service Member Jessica Manly in Kalispell, MT
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25-30 mins
Yield: 12 brownies
- 1 pound cooked black lentils or black beans
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp. vegetable, coconut, or olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder (for more cake-like brownies)
- 1/2-3/4 cup sweetener of your choice (honey, sugar, agave, stevia, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8′-by-8′ square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, and sweetener, in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 25-30 minutes.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 roasted or boiled beet
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetener of your choice (honey, sugar, agave, stevia, etc.)
- A pinch of salt
- Whip avocado, beet, and oil in a blender until combined and no lumps remain.
- Add in vanilla and salt.
- Add sweetener slowly and mix until combined.