Featured Recipe: Butternut Squash and Apple Salad
- 1 butternut squash, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 large yellow onion, cut in happy smiles
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 red apples, cored and cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1/3-1/2 c. chopped cilantro
- 1 T chopped mint
- 10 dates, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel squash, halve it lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Place on a large-rimmed, metal jelly roll pan with onions, and pressed garlic. Toss with olive oil, sea salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper, and spread in a single layer.
- Roast squash, tossing occasionally, until just tender, 30-40 minutes. Cool completely.
- Core apples and cut in 1/2 inch pieces. Toss in lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, cilantro, and mint.
- Add cooled roasted squash and dates to the apple mixture and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve cold.